Eileen Udry, Ph.D.:
- is a trainer of dogs and people as well as a writer. Dr. Udry is the Executive Director of Redefining Dogs Foundation (RDF), which is a non-profit that works to improve the quality of life and adoptability of shelter dogs;
- has worked in various dog -related training realms-including pet dog and service dog training;
- Dr. Udry is a Associate Certified Dog Behavior Consultant of the International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC) and written for various dog training publications; she is a Certified Pet Dog Trainer-KA through the Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT) and as a TAGteach (primary) instructor;
- has a doctoral degree in human performance and learning. Dr. Udry left her university position several years ago and switched from working with elite athletes and performers to work more intensively with dogs and people who are passionate about dogs. Despite no longer working in academia, Dr. Udry's academic background continues to inform her approach to working with people and dogs;
- shares her home with numerous visiting and resident dogs and her husband; and,
- she is a (recovering?) Type A personality living in rural Ohio.